[Tutor] How do you use pydoc?

Brian van den Broek bvande at po-box.mcgill.ca
Tue Mar 15 18:18:39 CET 2005

Jeff420harris00 at wmconnect.com said unto the world upon 2005-03-15 04:16:
>  ok thanks for the help but i did what you said and heres what i got don't
> know exactly what i got but here lol

<SNIP pages worth of help() output>

>  will you help me figer what i got out and the module docs dose not work whem
> i go to the browser in opens a window saying
>

> 580 Server Error
>

> This Web page could not be opened. A connection to the page could not be
> made. Please click the Reload or Refresh button to try again.
>
>  thanks agin

Hi,

1) *PLEASE* reply to all. This is particularly important in cases like
the present one, where I personally have no idea what the trouble is,
and thus don't have the ability to help.

2) Sending the results of help(HTMLParser), etc. isn't useful -- it
makes for a giant email the contents of which we all can get by typing
help(HTMLParser) in our own python shells :-) It is better to send
just the unexpected things.

As for the problem:

For me, the 580 Server Error is unexpected, indeed. And, I'm afraid it
takes us past my competency and knowledge level. Though I do wonder if
you are running a firewall such as ZoneAlaram -- that could interfere
with Module Docs attempts to serve up documentation. But that's just a
guess: *I* can't help further.

Best,

Brian vdB