[Tutor] Cataloging Web Page Information

Anderson osagie at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 06:25:18 CET 2005

Hello,

I currently have access to a webpage that has information that I'd
like to put into a CSV (comma seperated value) spreadsheet. Its
frontend is a form; you fill the form out by entering some text and
selecting the appropriate option from a drop down menu, and then you
press the submit form button.

The webpage subsequently displays links to every entry it can find and
when you click on the link you get the full info of that entry.

I want to automate the whole process with a python script. I figured
out that the csv module(s) would be best for storing the received
information but what module should I use to access the website, fill
out the form, enter each resulting link and retrieve the information?

Thanks for your time,
Anderson