[Tutor] Proxy

Gwyn Evans gwyn.evans at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 10:43:08 CET 2005

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 16:23:29 -0800 (PST), Ali Polatel
<alipolatel at yahoo.com> wrote:
> is it possible to connect to somewhere through a proxy while using sockets
> module of Python to connect? If yes can you show me some basic examples?

Yes, but not auto-magically.  If you want to stay at the sockets
level, you'll have to handle all the proxy interaction yourself.  I'd
suggest instead looking at the urllib2 module, as I believe that you
can use that (via a Request object?) to handle the proxy for you.

/Gwyn