[Tutor] wxPython shaped window

Adam Cripps kabads at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 22:02:11 CEST 2005

On 6/25/05, Adam Bark <adam.jtm30 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is it possible to put controls into a shaped window in wxPython. I have
> tried putting a button on the demo and it becomes the exact size and shape
> of the window. Also when I tried to bind it to an action it wouldn't even
> start.
>
>  Adam

I'm working through something similar myself at the moment.

Try adding a wx.Panel to the frame and then the button to the panel.
You can position them through pos parameter, but it should default to
the top left of the panel and have a good size if you use
button.SetSize(button.GetBestSize())

HTH

Adam
--