[Tutor] Logging stdout and stderr

Connor.Smith@huntington.com Connor.Smith at huntington.com
Fri Jun 17 22:30:39 CEST 2005

Hi there -

I'm trying to log the results of a command that I'm running via the popen2
module to a file, while at the same time displaying its progress on the
screen. So, at the end of the run, I should have the entire output (stdout
and stderr) on the screen, but also have two file objects each with the
contents of one of stdout and stderr.  I can figure out how to write the
results to a file, and then process or log it, but what I can't do is
figure out a way to simultaneously display it to the screen, kind of like
how unix's "tee" utility works.

Can anyone help?

-Cs