[Tutor] Clearing the Console Screen

Liam Clarke cyresse at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 17:05:20 CEST 2005

One way is to -

print * 25

but that's probably not the best. You could check out Pythoncard for a
simple GUI builder -

pythoncard.sourceforge.net <http://pythoncard.sourceforge.net> - but it's a
leap into the OO stuff.

On 6/17/05, Don Parris <webdev at matheteuo.org> wrote:

> With the console-based menu system I'm building, I'd like to clear the
> screen for each menu call - something like:
>
> def main_menu():
> clear #start with a fresh console screen, menu at top
> print menuitems
>

> This way, the users won't have to get too confused by all the previous
> screens.
>
> I haven't found the correct way to do this so far. You can point me to the
> documentation, and I'll play with that.
>
> Thanks,
> Don
> --
> evangelinux GNU Evangelist
> http://matheteuo.org/ http://chaddb.sourceforge.net/
> "Free software is like God's love - you can share it with anyone anytime
> anywhere."

'There is only one basic human right, and that is to do as you damn well
please.
And with it comes the only basic human duty, to take the consequences.'