[Tutor] Web browser

Ismael Garrido ismaelgf at adinet.com.uy
Sat Jun 11 05:56:51 CEST 2005

Hello.

I've been looking around for a web browser either written in python, or
with python bindings.
What I need to do is load a web-page, enter a password-protected site
and follow certain links, it needs to have frames and follow the refresh
meta. I'm running winxp, python 2.4

At first I thought about using a python web browser, but none I could
find had frames support. The most promising ones were quite old too. And
one that was completly written in Python used and old version and just
kept crashing in python 2.4.
Then, I thought about using some browser with bindings. I've looked all
over and found about nothing. Mozilla and its xpcom just seems quite
hard and I'm not sure if that does the job I want. I tried finding COM
bindings in other browsers, but I coudn't understand them and make them
work...

Ismael