[Tutor] Building an SQL query (Gabriel Farrell)

Lloyd Kvam python at venix.com
Fri Jun 3 22:15:52 CEST 2005

The code to update the database should look something like:
	the_cursor.execute( sql_cmd, data)

I am not using postgresql so I do not know the place-holder mark for
your module.  You can get that from the module documentation.

So sql_cmd could be something like
	"UPDATE my_table SET title=<PLACE_HOLDER> where record_id=<PLACE_HOLDER>"
If data gets passed as a tuple (some modules support dict), data is
	("Lion's Mane", 12345)

For mysql the place-holder is %s, and the code would be
	the_cursor.execute("UPDATE my_table SET title=%s where record_id=%s",
		("Lion's Mane", 12345) )

--
Lloyd Kvam
Venix Corp