[Tutor] Strange IndexError

Willi Richert w.richert at gmx.net
Wed Jun 1 13:16:37 CEST 2005

Hi,

in my code I get in rare occasions an IndexError which is incomprehensible to
me in that situation, where I do a simple comparison:

NeedBrain.py:233: RuntimeWarning: tp_compare didn't return -1 or -2 for
exception
  self._isNearMarker = self._markerDist < self.STAY_MIN_DIST
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "NeedBrain.py", line 233, in update
    self._isNearMarker = self._markerDist < self.STAY_MIN_DIST
IndexError: tuple assignment index out of range

I don't see, where tuples are involved. I only compare two floats. I've Python
2.3.4.

Thanks,
wr