[Tutor] redirecting output to logfile and logrotate

Winfried Tilanus winfried at tilanus.com
Sat Jul 23 15:25:07 CEST 2005

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 11:46:09 -0700 (PDT), Danny Yoo wrote:

Thanks Danny,

(snip)

>So if it's possible, I'd recommend using the RotatingFileHandler logger
>from Python's 'logging' Standard Library module instead of 'logrotate'.

That is the way I will go, the library (although not standard in Python
2.2) offers great facillities and shouldn't be too difficult to
incorporate in the program.

Somebody else suggested (in private) to make logrotate send a -HUP to
the server program. But the server doesn't respond to that signal at
the moment en (propperly) incorporating that in the program seems to be
lot more work than altering the logging.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Best wishes,
Winfried

--