[Tutor] Send attachment

Jorge Louis De Castro jorge at bcs.org.uk
Thu Jul 21 14:43:11 CEST 2005

Hello,

Any ideas how I can use Python and the Windows API to open a PC's mail client and send an attachment?
The idea is saving some data onto a file and then invoke the email client (OE or Outlook or whatever is the default on the machine) with the recipient's address filled in and the file ready to be sent as an attachment.
Kinda like when we right-click on a file and select the "send to mail recipient" behavior.
Been reading docs, trying out samples, and googling this for a few days to no avail.

Cheers
jorge