[Tutor] Getting singal strength of the received packet

sunny sunny sunny.tired at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 19:17:58 CEST 2005

Hi,

I am sending and receiving for a simple server application over wirless link.
Can I get the signal strength of the received packet in Python?

One way would be to get the value of the RSSI from /proc/net/wireless.
However I would like to get the signal strength (in terms of RSSI or
dBm) of the specific packet. Is it possible to do this in Python.

I am using hostAP driver, and know that using C, I can get the packet RSSI.

Thanks
Santosh.