[Tutor] Hy, I'm a n00b to Python, have some questions

Alberto Troiano albertito_g at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 18 15:41:44 CEST 2005

Hey Alex

First of all welcome

I've been programming in Python for almost 1 year now and I think I can
answer two of your questions

>1. Is there any decent forum were people are talking in python ?
You found one of them, here you have people willing to help each others at
no cost.
Send an email with your problem and someone here will answer

>2. what about speed ? (any beginners question I suppose). Is it something
>be concerned about ? Does anyone know how it compares to PHP ? (for Java I
>allready know)
I have no experience in web Python but I do have experience with PHP,
JavaScript and ASP.NET and I have to tell you: you can't compare PHP with
JavaScript, PHP is server-side and JavaScript is Client-side so the speed is
irrelevant because they are two different things. You can compare PHP with
ASP. About Python I'm not sure if this is a server or client-side. This is
the first thing I would ask.

>3. I want any usefull resources you can provide me with
You may want to invest in some books. Try searching in Amazon. I have one
very practical called Python: Developing Applicattions
In fact this is a database book, but the aim is Python on web pages with
databases
The autor is Sonu Mangla

Best Regards

Alberto