[Tutor] PLEASE HELP ON PYTHON

Brian van den Broek bvande at po-box.mcgill.ca
Sat Jul 16 17:43:23 CEST 2005

Suranga Sarukkali said unto the world upon 16/07/2005 00:18:
> Hai, I (Suranga) started using Python2.4 Downloaded from the
> Original WebSite www.python.org a week ago but still I have not
> made any good progress on Programming and all that Tutorials
> available make it like hell to get started at all! whatever please
> tell me on surangasa at gmail.com how to get started and start
> programming and since I never programmed before or haven't done any
> big Math Tests but a k-12 School still I'm a Student of 14 but I'm
> loving the name programming even, reply to me as soon as possible.

Hi Suranga,

welcome to this list and to Python!

I think you have found one of the very best resources for learning
Python, so you are off to a good start. The way to use this list best,
in my opinion, is to post specific questions. Questions with some code
are even better. (It is hard for people to know what would help you
without seeing what you don't understand.)

The people who do a lot of answering here are very patient -- they've
put up with all sorts of questions from me :-)

One tutorial I think you might find useful is
<http://www.ibiblio.org/obp/thinkCSpy/>. It is aimed at high school
students, but does not condescend. Why don't you try that from the
beginning, and when stuck on something, post here asking about it?

Best of luck.

Brian vdB