[Tutor] [Python-Help] Variable question

Danny Yoo dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Sat Jul 16 00:23:09 CEST 2005

[Note: try to avoid crossposting.  The Mailing List Ettiquette FAQ:

    http://www.gweep.ca/~edmonds/usenet/ml-etiquette.html

explains why crossposting isn't such a good idea usually.  I'm taking
help at python.org out of CC now.]

> I am trying to pass a variable into this ESRI function and it won't let
> me is there a way to do this??  Thanks for your help!

Can you show us what you've tried so far?  Also, can you show us how
Python responds?  Do you get an error message of any sort?

These are things we'll want to know, because otherwise, we can't say
anything concrete and know that we're actually addressing your question.
*grin*

You mentioned ESRI, so I'm assuming you're using ArcGIS.

    http://hobu.biz/software/python_guide_esri/

If you think that your question seems less about Python and more about the
integration with ArcGIS, then you may want to try the ESRI forums here:

    http://forums.esri.com/forums.asp?c=93&s=1729#1729

where they appear to have a fairly active community of ArcGIS/Python
users.

Good luck to you!