[Tutor] Catching OLE error

Bernard Lebel 3dbernard at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 16:27:30 CEST 2005

Very well.

#INFO : < NewRenderShot > importAnimation> :: Import action for character ""...

#ERROR : 2000 - Argument 0 (Source) is invalid
#ERROR : 2001-ANIM-ApplyAction - Argument 0 is invalid - [line 3543 in
D:\Software\Softimage\XSI_4.2\Application\DSScripts\action.vbs]
#ERROR : 21000-ANIM-ImportAction - Traceback (most recent call last):

# File "<Script Block >", line 815, in NewRenderShot_Execute
# if bAnimation == True: importAnimation()
# File "<Script Block >", line 541, in importAnimation
# xsi.importactionandapply( oModel, sPresetFile )
# File "<COMObject Application>", line 2, in importactionandapply
#COM Error: Unspecified failure - [line 540]
#ERROR : OLE error 0x80020101
Application.NewRenderShot()

Keep in mind this output is the result of Python code ran in an
application. Things like "xsi.importactionandapply",
"Application.NewRenderShot()" and so on are application commands. The
most relevant part is the last paragraph, where my code fails.
#INFO is the normal output, while #ERROR is, will, a script error.

This error is the result of an application command that has an invalid
argument (the command imports file data in the scene). I'm just trying
catch these errors.

Thanks
Bernard