[Tutor] Query dictionaries with sql-like syntax

Negroup - negroup at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 09:41:35 CEST 2005

Hi all, I hope my questions makes sense..
I'm trying to migrate a lot of data from an accounting system software
to another using Python. Software A stores datas inside sql tables,
software B too, with a different db structure.

My idea has been to export sensible tables from db A, store them in
python dictionaries, process/elaborate these dictionaries, and
generate files containing data in a format that is importable from
system B. Yes, it could seem a good idea.. however now I must handle a
lot of dictionaries with a lot of related data.

Since this is not just a simple exercise of mapping one field to
another field 1-1, but elaborations/extrapolations on these datas are
required, my question is: does a module/package/... exist to query a
set of dictionaries using sql syntax (where I'm comfortable with)? It
would be for me a great facility.

Thanks you all.