[Tutor] python newbie..system call help

Mike Pindzola pindzola at charter.net
Wed Jul 13 02:36:49 CEST 2005

Yes, I have did 'import os'. For starters I want to read the result of
'pwd' and print it out in the program for the user to see what path is
being read. Also, I need to have a function to handle root access if the
user does not have such privledges since I will be mounting and
unmounting hardware. So a call to 'su' would be in order as well as
sending the user provided password back to it.

Aside from that, just so copying of files, making dirs, and changing
file permissions.