[Tutor] carriage return on windows

Max Noel maxnoel_fr at yahoo.fr
Sun Jan 30 04:14:30 CET 2005

On Jan 30, 2005, at 02:40, Jacob S. wrote:

> I don't think that's what he wants. I think he wants to *overwrite*
> what's in the shell with new output.
> For example.
>

> so that the whole line is overwritten. In my experience, this is not
> possible and if anyone can show me how to do it,
> I would be grateful.
>
> HTH,
> Jacob

	It *is* possible, that's exactly what my code does (well, as long as
you don't run it on Mac OS 9). The carriage return (\r, as opposed to
the linefeed \n) moves the cursor to the beginning of the *current*
line.

-- Max
maxnoel_fr at yahoo dot fr -- ICQ #85274019
"Look at you hacker... A pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting
and sweating as you run through my corridors... How can you challenge a
perfect, immortal machine?"