[Tutor] Cluster algorithms

kumar s ps_python at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 27 07:35:59 CET 2005

Hi:

I am still trying to learn the OOPs side of python.
however, things/circumstances dont seems to stop until
I finish my practise and attaing higher understanding.
may be, i am being pushed by circumstances into the
stream and i am being tested if I can swim efficiently
while I struggle with basic steps of swimming. The
100% analogy my perspective of learning python :-)

I have a couple of questions to ask tutors:

Are there any example programs depicting Clustering
algorithms such as agglomerative, complete link,
partional , squared error clustering, k-means or
clustering algos based on Neural networks or genetic
algorithm. although I just learned python, (to major
extent in programming also), I need to apply some of
these algos to my data.  Any
suggestions/recommendations?

 Do I have to know to code well using OOP methods to
apply these algorithms?

-Kumar