[Tutor] need help planning website updates

Jay Loden python at jayloden.com
Thu Jan 20 19:25:08 CET 2005

Adding it into the PHP that creates the html would create too much overhead
since it loads each page individually upon request, and that would mean
running the modified time check on every page load.

But I was thinking about this after I sent the mail, and I think you have a
point with just outputting the five last modified out of all files.  This was
one of those times when your brain fails you and you think up an overly
complicated solution to a simple problem. This way the script just has to run
every 15 minutes or so and give me the five most recent files for use in the
PHP.

Thanks!

-Jay