[Tutor] Setting the focus to a window

Liam Clarke cyresse at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 21:50:05 CET 2005

Oops, to the list also.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Liam Clarke <cyresse at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 09:49:48 +1300
Subject: Re: [Tutor] Setting the focus to a window
To: Orri Ganel <singingxduck at gmail.com>

Hi Orri,

What Alan said earlier in the topic. You want to use the Win32UI API,
which Mark Hammond has documented  in a book. You can also download
his WinPython, which includes some documentation, and a link to a
tutorial.

http://starship.python.net/crew/skippy/

Regards,

Liam Clarke

PS the Windows API's are also good for manipulating MS software using
COM objects, don't know how Audacity handles COM/ActiveX

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 14:51:07 -0500, Orri Ganel <singingxduck at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> As part of a project I'm working on (see archive of previous emails from
> me in the past 2 days or so), I need to change the focus from the
> current window to another window (from Windows Media Player to Audacity
> so that the simulated keypress will have an effect).  I have googled and
> looked in the docs and all, and I can't seem to find a way to do this
> (at least, not with Windows). I found something that sounds about right
> in MacPython, but that doesn't help me . . . Any suggestions on how to
> do this are greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Orri
>
> --
> Email: singingxduck AT gmail DOT com
> AIM: singingxduck
> Programming Python for the fun of it.

'There is only one basic human right, and that is to do as you damn well please.
And with it comes the only basic human duty, to take the consequences.