[Tutor] Input to python executable code and design question

Chad Crabtree flaxeater at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 10 17:44:03 CET 2005

Ismael Garrido wrote:

> jfouhy at paradise.net.nz wrote:
>
>> Quoting Ismael Garrido <ismaelgf at adinet.com.uy>:
>>

>>> I am trying to make a program that will plot functions. For that,
>>> need
>>> to be able to get an input (the function to be plotted) and
execute it.

> >So you want the user to be able to type something like "f(x) =
> sin(2*x)" and
> >then your program will plot it --- is that correct?
>
> Yes, that's what I want.

I can understand you fear.   Check out this post that Danny made in
October I found it very helpful.
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/tutor/2004-October/032364.html
This one by kent at the same time was good too.
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/tutor/2004-October/032340.html
I felt this was a very good and helpful.