[Tutor] Newbie simple question

Valone, Toren W. TValone at DMV.CA.gov
Fri Feb 25 23:14:59 CET 2005

I need to know how to read the next line while in the "for line in" loop.
Readline does not read the next line (I watched it in debug) I think it has
something to do with the for line loop but I have not found any
documentation in the doc's or tutor for any functions for line..

Thanks, please forgive the sloppy code.

#This Python App will simply remail emails that cannot be remailed from the
MF

import smtplib
from string import *
from Email import *
#def main():                              #define function or class main
       # Email the results

 #         Email('Tvalone at dmv.ca.gov',
 #           R  emailTo,
 #               sub,
 #           results)

remailfile = open('remail2.txt', 'r') #future address/file from outlook
resendfile = open('resend.txt', 'w') #currently these files are in Python24
EmailReport = open('erprt.txt', 'w') #Report of bad emails etc
fromaddr='Tvalone at dmv.ca.gov'
for line in remailfile:              #loops thru all emails,

     #print "test"

     if line.startswith("Subject: Undeliverable Mail"):
             EmailReport.write(line)

     elif line.startswith("MVSSY4.TEALE.CA.GOV unable to deliver
following"):

             #line.readline()
             remailfile.readline()
             toaddr  = line[4:80]                          #Set line to
email
             #toaddr  = lstrip("<")                       #Strip less than
             #toaddr  = rstrip(">")                       #Strip greater
than
             print len(toaddr)
     elif line.startswith("TO:"):
         #if toaddr != '':
             #toaddr = line[4:25]
             #toaddr = lstrip(toaddr)
             #resendfile.write(line)
             remailfile.readline()      #read the next line to get subject
             #print RemailTo
     elif line.startswith("SUBJECT:"):
             subj = line[9:30]          #Strip out Subject
             #print sub
             resendfile.write(line)
             remailfile.readline()     #need to read line
     elif line.startswith("At"):
             remailfile.readline()
     elif line.startswith("Date:"):
             remailfile.readline()