[Tutor] Idle + Firefox solution - hopefully

Lobster zen45800 at zen.co.uk
Sat Feb 12 21:18:20 CET 2005

>> - closing down IDLE and pressing ctrl alt and del
>> I notice that 3 copies of pythonw are in memory
>>
>> I closed these down and IDLE is working again
>

>Hi,
>
>for what it's worth, I've never had issues with Firefox and IDLE when
>running Zone Alarm. (Currently running ZoneAlarm version:5.5.062.004)
>
>But the multiple copies of pythonw seems key, and also the sort of
>thing that better Python minds than most seem to accept they have to
>live with too:
><http://mail.python.org/pipermail/edu-sig/2005-January/004365.html>

=======

Thanks Brian and Danny

Yep - I found closing down the extra versions was a solution
I also ran spybot and found a browser hijacker (just returned from a month in Linux without such hindrances) and it may be somehow related to that - the problem SEEMS to have gone . . .

=======

    I've been pretty happy using IDLE supplemented by SciTe when wanting a
    better editor than that provided by IDLE.

    Best,

    Brian vdB

======

Will have a look at SciTe