[Tutor] executing SAS and passing parameters

Williams, Thomas WilliTf at dshs.wa.gov
Tue Feb 8 23:04:43 CET 2005

I'll do my best to answer these questions for you.

I am able to start the SAS executable from python, but not the specific SAS
program in question.  When this executable is executed, the typical SAS
environment is displayed (SAS editor Window, SAS libraries, and the output
and log windows).  I want to have a specific SAS program executing with the
assigned parameters that will be read into a SAS macro.

This SAS program was originally called from an AML (Arc Macro Language),
again, with the parameters passed to it.

OS: WindowsNT

Let me know if you need further information.

Thanks again,
Tom