[Tutor] executing SAS and passing parameters

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at freenet.co.uk
Tue Feb 8 22:56:30 CET 2005

> I am trying to use python to run a SAS program by passing the needed
> parameters.  I am able to start SAS, but unable to start the correct
SAS
> program with its parameters.

Not being familiar with SAS or its parameters we'll need more clues...

> Any assistance you could provide will be appreciated.

Can you show us what you used to start SAS?
Can you tell us exactly what happened? - any errors etc?
Can you show us how you'd do it outside of Python?
Can you tell us which OS you are using?

With that info we should be able to make a stab at it.

Alan G.