[Tutor] question about expressing mathematical equations

Danny Yoo dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Sat Feb 5 13:06:06 CET 2005

On Sat, 5 Feb 2005, alieks lao wrote:

> I've spent hours trying things out and I'm no better off. I don't
> understand exactly what I'm supposed to do.

Hi Alieks,

What part of the problem are you working on?

If you show us what you've tried so far; we can then try to figure out why
you're getting stuck on, and help you so you get unstuck.

But again, you may have a much easier time if you use a different
tutorial.  The one you're using right now is actually aimed for
physicists!

At least, it's aimed for beginning physicists, so they're assuming a
familiarity with things like vector math, a particular computing lab
environment, and a topical focus that appeals to folks who are doing
numerical analysis stuff.  This may not be the best tutorial for you.

You may like this one better:

    http://www.freenetpages.co.uk/hp/alan.gauld/

Alan Gauld is the author of this tutorial, and he also answers questions
on this mailing list, so if you try this tutorial, you may get answers
that are quite, well, authoritative.  *grin*

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.