[Tutor] Are you allowed to shoot camels? [kinda OT]

Max Noel maxnoel_fr at yahoo.fr
Fri Feb 4 00:51:41 CET 2005

On Feb 3, 2005, at 23:41, Jeff Shannon wrote:

> (But then, at my job I'm stuck using a horrible Frankenstein's monster
> of a proprietary language on a daily basis, so I can't help but
> believe that there's plenty more awful languages around that didn't
> happen to be "rescued" from oblivion by an accident of history...)

	Yeah. Sometimes I read a little bit of Wikipedia's "Esoteric
Programming Languages" page, and some of them just leave me in awe.
Brainfuck (and its variant Ook!) and INTERCAL ("GOTO is considered
harmful, so we removed it -- INTERCAL uses COME FROM instead") are
already quite impressive, but the very idea of Befunge makes my brain
want to explode. Especially that extension to the language that allows
one to write N-dimensional programs. :D

-- Max
maxnoel_fr at yahoo dot fr -- ICQ #85274019
"Look at you hacker... A pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting
and sweating as you run through my corridors... How can you challenge a
perfect, immortal machine?"