[Tutor] how to extract text by specifying an element using ElementTree

Srinivas Iyyer srini_iyyer_bio at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 9 20:32:27 CET 2005

Hi group,
  I just have another question in parsin XML files. I
found it very easy to parse XML files with kent and
danny's help.

I realized that all my XML files have '\t' and '\n'
and whitespace.  these extra features are making to
extract the text data from the xml files very
difficult.  I can make these XML parser work when I
rekove '\n' and '\t' from xml files.

is there a way to get rid of '\n' and '\t' characters
from xml files easily.
thank you very much.
MDan