[Tutor] Generate 8 digit random number

Alberto Troiano albertito_g at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 27 15:36:47 CEST 2005

Hey Tutors

I saw a lot of responses...After analyze them I have resumed two approaches

1.- Generate a random number from 0 to 99999999 and fill this number with
zeros (Almost everyone's approach)
2.- Generate 8 random numbers and join them (Pietro and someone else)

Which one of this is more randomic? I mean which one of these has lower
chances to get duplicates?
Until now I'm using approach number 2.......Unless anyone has something
against it...

Please, let me know what do you think about them

Thanks to all for the tremendous help (at least it is tremendous for me)

Alberto