[Tutor] unittest: looking for examples

Christian Meesters meesters at uni-mainz.de
Wed Aug 17 14:32:39 CEST 2005

Hi

Does anybody know examples using the unittest module for the following
cases (or some parts of it)?

- unittests for methods of classes getting all data from a file as a
classmethod
- unittests for reading and saving files in a specific way (= sanity
tests for file handling)

Point is that I want to test such methods directly, but also that I
cannot set up unittest in my case without getting some data from a file
(otherwise my testing module would get way too big). I've found lots of
material on unittesting in various books and on the net, but none of
the sources I've seen covers those two questions.

I'd appreciate just any pointer on such material.

TIA
Christian