[Tutor] pls. help me in sorting and choosing

Srinivas Iyyer srini_iyyer_bio at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 11 06:41:37 CEST 2005

Dear Group:

After cutting short a lot of gory detail, I finally
arrived at atomic level of my problem and here I
crash. I guess this crash is due to not so strong
logic (hopefully i get better with more and more
exerise in solving problems).

I have a file with two columns:
Column A (accession number) and column B scores of
that identifier:

NM_004619.2	4910.8
NM_004619.2	2716.3
NM_145759.1	4805.7
NM_145759.1	2716.3
XM_378692.1	56.00

By looking at this small table, I see that NM_004619.2
and NM_145759.1 are better and high scoring elements.
Whereas, XM_378692.1 is a low scoring guy when
compared to two others.

I want to pick NM_004619.2 and NM_145759.1 and leave
XM_ guy.

If for instance I have another guy with 1005.6, then I
would also pick that.

My question is how can I code to distinguish all high
scoring group and all low scoring group.

Any one, please help me on this issue.

Thank you in advance.

Srini