[Tutor] Fetching dictionaries using MySQLdb

Jan Eden lists at janeden.org
Mon Aug 8 13:16:18 CEST 2005

Hi,

in Perl's DBI, I used fetchrow_hashref() to receive a database row as a dictionary, with the field names being the dictionary keys.

MySQLdb's fetchone() returns a tuple Unfortunately, I have a dictionary of SQL queries which return rows of different lengths (read: with a varying number of fields).

The documentation for MySQLdb says that fetchoneDict() is deprecated and the usage of fetchone() is suggested.

Is there a recommended way to receive the results of an SQL query in the form I need? Or do I have to create a dictionary of fieldname tuples which can be zipped with the query result tuple?

Thanks,

Jan
--
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a Perl script. - Programming Perl