[Tutor] Get information from a web page

python-tutor@toddmaynard.com python-tutor at toddmaynard.com
Mon Aug 8 11:11:57 CEST 2005

Not sure exactly what you have going wrong without the code or the exact url
you are using.

Does something like:

import urllib

page =
urllib.urlopen("http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/08/08/043236&tid=126").read()
print page

give you the correct results?

Is the problem specific to only to that url?

--Todd