[Tutor] XMMS song search

Joseph Quigley cpu.crazy at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 06:17:46 CEST 2005

Hi. I have 7.8 GB of music (1808 songs) and I use XMMS to play them.
However I can't find some songs. Apparently there is no song search
feature in XMMS (something I plan to add whenever I learn C or can
incorporate Python into C.. unless someone else has already done this)
so I have a hard time finding a song (I have to open kwrite open the
playlist and search for a song number or name). I thought I'd write a
python program to scan the playlist file for a keyword.

I tried:
songsearch = raw_input(Enter song name: ")
f = file(/home/joe/.xmms/xmms.pls)
f.find(songsearch)

but got an error:
AttributeError: 'file' object has no attribute 'find'

what can I do to display several songs that have 'a' in the name? What
can I do to search the playlist in the first place?
I wouldn't mind some links to tutorials that can show me how to do this.
Thanks,
    Joe