[Tutor] fftpack

Kent Johnson kent37 at tds.net
Thu Aug 4 23:05:22 CEST 2005

Jeff Peery wrote:
> Hello, does anyone know how to open the fft function? I want to view it
> in the IDLE although the only file i have is the fftpack.pyd which I
> beleive is a compiled file and it looks like mush.

It is compiled from C. The comment in fft.py says, "The underlying code for these functions is an f2c translated and modified version of the FFTPACK routines."

f2c is FORTRAN to C. So you will have to look at the source for Numeric or numarry to find the source for fftpack. For Numeric you can look here:
http://www.scipy.org/cvs/viewcvs/map?rmurl=http%3A//scipy.net/cgi-bin/viewcvsx.cgi/scipy/Lib/fftpack/
which seems to have the fortran files.

Kent