[Tutor] I need advice.

Alan G alan.gauld at freenet.co.uk
Tue Aug 2 09:47:00 CEST 2005

> I want to write a program that will convert time in any other
> time zone to my time zone.

This is a deceptively complex task. There are around 40 timezones
varying by anything from 15 minutes to 2 hours. And some places
change timezone throughout the year. Others have multiple daylight
saving dates etc etc.

> Would it be better to use the Python time molecule

Use the force Luke...
If a standrad module exists then its almost certain that more
thought and debugging has gone into it than you want to expend!
Use what's there and tweak it to suit your needs.

HTH,

Alan G.