[Tutor] question on numarray across platforms

Danny Yoo dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Mon Aug 1 21:32:57 CEST 2005

On Mon, 1 Aug 2005, Xiangyi Meng wrote:

> I ran across this error when running a few lines of code in debian
> python, but this runs perfectly in windows python.

Hi Xiangyi,

This seems a bit specific to numarray; you may want to ask the Numeric
discussion group:

Offhand, I can't see anything wrong here, and it sounds bizarre that
you're getting different results between Windows and Debian Linux --- that
sounds like a severe bug.

When you ask the Numeric discussion group, also show what the
numarray.__version__ variable looks like.  For reference, here's the
version of numarray on my system:

######
>>> import numarray
>>> numarray.__version__
'1.3.1'
######

Do this for both your Windows environment and your Debian Linux
environment, and make sure you get the same version number.  If the
version numbers differ, then that may explain why you're getting different
results from your program.

Good luck to you!