[Tutor] Send attachment

Jorge Louis De Castro jorge at bcs.org.uk
Mon Aug 1 13:17:12 CEST 2005

Thanks for the reply

I did try your approach at first but then, Martin Walsh on this mailing list hinted at something way simpler and elegant, a solution that actually adjusts itself to the default mail client of the user.

It consists of creating an .eml file with all the blurb that goes with it (save an email message as a draft and open it to see what needs to go there).

Then it is a simple matter of calling os.startfile(<filename>) and the OS will open the file with whatever program is associated with those extensions, typically the default mail client.

> import os
> os.startfile('foo.eml')

I think it's neat, it does what I want in an elegant way, and it keeps me from mixing languages and all that jazz.

chrs
j.