[Tutor] guess the number game help

Max Noel maxnoel_fr at yahoo.fr
Sat Apr 30 12:05:46 CEST 2005

On Apr 30, 2005, at 09:49, Diana Hawksworth wrote:

> Hello list!
>
> I have started teaching Python to a group of High School students. I
> set them the "Guess the Number" game as a GUI as an assignment. One of
> the students has passed in some script that is foreign to any tutorial
> work we have done.  Some of it is below. Does anyone recognise it? Can
> you tell me where it would have been downloaded from? I have searched
> for scripted guess the number games, but there are thousands of them -
> except for a Python version.
>
> If my student has plagiarised - I need to know.
>
> TIA Diana

	I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I'm afraid he has:
http://granite.sru.edu/~conlon/python/tk_guess.py
	This looks awfully similar, down to the use of whrandom instead of
random. First hit in Google for "guess the number" +python +tkinter.
	Seems like your student is not only guilty of plagiarism, but also in
violation of the GPL.

Hope that helps,
-- Max
maxnoel_fr at yahoo dot fr -- ICQ #85274019
"Look at you hacker... A pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting
and sweating as you run through my corridors... How can you challenge a
perfect, immortal machine?"