[Tutor] custom package structure?

Kristian Rink kristian at zimmer428.net
Tue Apr 26 18:56:04 CEST 2005

Hi Kent;

...and thanks loads for your mail. Once again it helped me pretty much
figuring out what my mistake was like.

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 08:31:13 -0400
Kent Johnson <kent37 at tds.net> wrote:

> No, everything above looks fine. Please post the exact error message
> you are getting (copy / paste the whole thing including the stack
> trace).

Actually, I did quite a mistake which I just discovered after reading
through your reply and my initial mail: My structure is not

> /start.py
> /Server
> /Server/Core/
> /Server/Core/__init__.py
> /Server/Core/DMServer.py

but actually

/start.py
/DMServer
/DMServer/__init__.py
/DMServer/Core
/DMServer/Core/DMServer.py

After changing the toplevel package name from DMServer to Server,
avoiding having it named DMServer (like the mail class), everything
works fine, and I'm starting to get a clue why this naming got me
trapped in here. :)

Anyhow, thanks a lot for enlightening me.
Cheers & take care,
Kris