[Tutor] Re: [Pythonmac-SIG] Weird import problem with PythonIDE on Mac (was 'import problem')

Max Noel maxnoel_fr at yahoo.fr
Fri Apr 22 17:00:23 CEST 2005

On Apr 22, 2005, at 11:41, Chris Smith wrote:

> Do you have a suggestion as to what can I give a module so it has
> enough information to execute a function that resides in __main__?
> Here is a visual of what is going on:
>
> ------__main__
> def y1():
>   pass
> import foo
> foo.run(string_from_main) #what should I pass?
>
> ------external module, foo
>
> def run(string_from_main):
> 	#
> 	exec(string_from_main) #y1 is run as if it were in __main__
>

> /c

	Python makes it easy to do because functions (and classes) are
objects. Here:

# in __main__
def y1():
     pass
import foo
foo.run(y1)

# in foo
def run(functionFromMain):
     functionFromMain()

-- Max
maxnoel_fr at yahoo dot fr -- ICQ #85274019
"Look at you hacker... A pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting
and sweating as you run through my corridors... How can you challenge a
perfect, immortal machine?"