[Tutor] TKinter and things over Linux

Bill Campbell bill at celestial.net
Wed Apr 20 23:35:35 CEST 2005

On Wed, Apr 20, 2005, Alberto Troiano wrote:
>You're so right and I apologize for my mistake
>
>Do you or anybody knows where the error.log for this kind o things is?????
>
>or how can I capture the output in a file???????????Cause is so damn long
>that I barely see the 10% of all the things its print out

The following command will keep a copy of the output in the file
make.output (this doesn't work with csh).  The ``2>&1'' modem
noise joins standard error and standard output, and the ``tee''
program is a pipe fitting that puts its standard input into a
file, and to its own standard output.

	make 2>&1 | tee make.output

Bill
--
INTERNET:   bill at Celestial.COM  Bill Campbell; Celestial Software LLC

``If the personal freedoms guaranteed by the Constitution inhibit the
government's ability to govern the people, we should look to limit those
guarantees.''
   -President Bill Clinton, August 12, 1993