[Tutor] sorting a list of dictionaries

Gooch, John John.Gooch at echostar.com
Tue Apr 12 16:49:47 CEST 2005

I am working on a dictionary sorting problem just like the one in the email
thread at the bottom of this message. My question about their solution is:
In these lines:
	lst.sort(lambda m, n: cmp(m.get(field), n.get(field)))
	where field is either 'name' or 'size'.

What is "n:" and what is "lambda m" ?

Thank You,

John A. Gooch