[Tutor] Tk code problem (Joseph Q.)

Kent Johnson kent37 at tds.net
Tue Apr 12 16:24:29 CEST 2005

Joseph Quigley wrote:
> Hi,
> It seems that whenever I click the QUIT button the TK windows freezes,
> then I have to CTRL-ALT-DEL to be able to shut it down. Here's the code
> (its not mine though):

It works if you run from the command line instead of inside IDLE. I thought IDLE was supposed to be
able to run Tkinter programs since Python 2.3 but it doesn't seem to work?

> P.S  I'm currently looking for an dedicated python IDE (or IDLE, i never
> can tell the difference between the two)
> for Linux. I know about emacs and vi (or vim) (but they're not
> dedicated). I was wondering if any of you know of any.

AFAIK IDLE runs on Linux. There are many other possibilities listed here:
http://www.python.org/moin/IntegratedDevelopmentEnvironments

eric is popular...

Kent