[Tutor] How to create multi disks zip file

Brian van den Broek bvande at po-box.mcgill.ca
Fri Apr 8 06:57:36 CEST 2005

Dionysius Malle said unto the world upon 2005-04-07 21:50:
> Hi,
>
> I'm a newbie. My friend asked me for a help. He wanted to backup his files
> into multi disks zip file. Is there any possibilities for me to help him by
> using python?
>
> TIA,
>
> Ony

Hi,

I'd separate the zip and split steps.

Chapter 4 of the second edition of Programming Python has a thorough
discussion of 2 scripts, one for splitting a large file, the other for
joining the parts. It is a fairly advanced book, but the code is
pretty clear. You can get the code from the book's website
<http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/python2/>. It might help get you started.

Best,

Brian vdB