[Tutor] Writing to a file...

Kent Johnson kent_johnson at skillsoft.com
Tue Sep 14 21:48:11 CEST 2004

Use "print chevron" to direct the print to the file:
print >> outfile, 'You have', numofcoins, 'coins totaling $', money

or use the string format operator % to create a single string for write:
outfile.write('You have %d coins totalling $%d\n' % (numofcoins, money))

Note that print appends a newline and write doesn't, so to get equivalent
output you need to explicitly write the newline.

Kent