[Tutor] Introduction

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Sep 1 22:41:37 CEST 2004

> I want to start programming and was pointed to python as a good
> beginner's language. I am reading 'Learning Python' by Mark Luty and
> David Ascher. It is fascinating, even it sometimes takes me a while
> keep all the information;)

If you've never programmed before I'd recommend running through
one of the non-programmers intros first, then go back to Lutz.
It will be faster I think in the long term.

There is a list of non programmers intros on the Python site, I am,
of course, biased towards my own :-)

Also don;t neglect the official tutor that comes with Python, but
like Lutz it assumes some previous experience in other languages.

Alan G
http://www.freenetpages.co.uk/hp/alan.gauld/tutor2/