[Tutor] recommended IDE for windows?

Liam Clarke cyresse at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 06:24:36 CEST 2004

 Gubbs said -
> I have recently been using the thoroughly excellent (tabbed and code
> highlighting) pyPE written by Mr. Josiah Carlson.
>
> http://pype.sourceforge.net/

I wholeheartedly agree with the above. It has a function tree, so you
can collapse functions that you're not working on, it makes the spaces
quite large (Unlike IDLE you're not peering at the screeen thinking
'is that a space'?), and the code highlighting works as you type.

But I do like Pythonwin's autocomplete thingy.

--
'There is only one basic human right, and that is to do as you damn well please.
And with it comes the only basic human duty, to take the consequences.